This is a version of our Navigating Healthcare newsletter that we send out monthly. If you haven't already, create a free Halaxy account to get it delivered straight to your inbox every month.
Did you know that Halaxy is the only medical practice management software company in Australia that offers phone and email 24-hour customer service, Monday to Friday. We often get asked: why, especially when our main software is free of charge?
The reason is actually quite simple. We don’t view customer service as a cost; instead it is a core part of our product for the 35,000+ practitioners who use Halaxy to run their practices every day.
Halaxy is able to do this because we’ve deliberately designed our software to be easy to use and intuitive, with a comprehensive Help Guide. Everyone can easily learn and use Halaxy themselves, and then call or email us when they need to ask a question.
We don’t restrict access to our customer service team, it’s open to anyone and everyone who uses Halaxy. Whether you manage a large multi-disciplinary practice or are a sole practitioner, our dedicated team is just a call or email away.
As a business, we want to help as many people make the most of Halaxy as possible, as we strive to make healthcare better for everyone, everywhere.
Did you know?
Research that got us thinking
KPMG Australia recently published its 2023 Healthcare Horizon's report, examining what the future of Australia’s healthcare landscape could look like.
One of the key themes of this report was the idea that healthcare is set to become more inclusive for practitioners, patients, and the various systems between them. This, argues KPMG ‘may only be achieved if the current approaches to technology, communities and workforces are fundamentals transformed over the next decade’.
A deeper focus on the further digitisation of healthcare will unlock further efficiencies for practices big and small:
‘To support inclusive healthcare systems, organisations will become employee-centric, improving digital enablement to liberate health professionals from routine work.’
We’ve designed features like automatic SMS and emails reminders, payments processing, and automatic rebates processing to not only help ‘liberate healthcare professionals from routine work’ as KPMG puts it, but also to allow practitioners to fully run, grow, and automate their practices. (And save up to an hour a day on admin, so you can treat more patients.)
What we’ve been reading
- With the launch of MedChem Australia, the Federal Government is set to invest $9.7 million to develop lifesaving drugs and medical treatments.
- Services Australia recently updated its 'assignment of benefit' requirements. In response, Halaxy this month released a new feature to help you easily get patient approval to bulk bill services, straight from any Halaxy invoice.
- Why the AMA says we need to ensure that telehealth services remain 'strong' and 'well-funded'.
- Despite progress, when it comes to healthcare access, disparities remain for rural and remote parts of Australia, according to Westfund. Does telehealth have a role to play here?
- Recent changes to the Medicare Benefits Schedule (MBS) saw indexation applied to almost all rebates, from November 1 onwards. At Halaxy, we automatically update rebate amounts for you, so you don’t have to do it yourself. All you need to do is use our preset fees, then import automatic updates for preset fees in one click, and your rebates are automatically updated for you!
You can check out last month's edition of Navigating Healthcare with Halaxy here.