Our mission is to make healthcare better for everyone everywhere. And today, “everywhere” is very close to home.
We can see the smoke from the bushfires from our office in Melbourne, and our hearts go out to all families, communities, and wildlife devastated by the fires across Australia.
So, our mission today is to support the bushfire efforts and spread the word on how everyone can help those in need.
We've donated 100% of yesterday’s profits to the Australian Red Cross to help provide relief and recovery to the communities affected by the bushfires.
Here’s how donations to the Red Cross Disaster Relief and Recovery helps:
- Supporting people at evacuation centres and recovery hubs;
- Psychological first aid to reduce trauma;
- Emergency assistance (including cash grants to people who have lost homes in these bushfires);
- Supporting our volunteers and covering their expenses;
- Longer-term recovery programs in disaster-affected communities;
- Helping families and communities prepare for disasters;
- Essential costs like transport, office space, finance, and IT systems.
How to donate to Australia’s bushfire relief effort:
The NSW Rural Fire Service (NSW RFS) noted that while there are many ways you can help, the best way is to donate money as it allows people to buy the things they need, and it supports local businesses which have also been impacted.
Here are 8 organisations you can donate money to: